Enjoy Kosher Food Around the World
Are you still drinking soda, juice or other high caloric beverages with your meals? Are you snacking on chips?
We need to provide our bodies with good fuel to run properly. Too much junk will you make you feel sluggish and tired. I’ve seen time and time again when people cut out these high caloric beverages, they often lose what looks to be around 10 lbs. Do a quick internet search and you will see how many people have lost weight or benefitted from cutting these sweet drinks out.
I’ve heard people don’t like water. I love water, to me it’s the most refreshing beverage. On the other hand, I’ve been some places where the water is exceptionally bad, and the only choice was to use bottled water. Now there are some people who are just so used to the high sugar content in soda, that water will be flavorless to them. I’m not only picking on soda, I’m picking on juice, snapple, red bull and other beverages with high sugar content. I don’t even believe we should give this stuff to kids. If you’re kid is so used to having juice, at least dilute it with water, gradually increasing the amount of water to juice. Here are some options for you, and let your kids try it too, what they like might just surprise you.
1. Add some TrueLime or TrueLemon, or any of their other flavors. I do not advocate the Crystal Light or other such packets, as these often contain fake sugars. You can also add a real slice of lemon or lime.
2. Drink Seltzer when you need that carbonated fix.
3. Drink Sassy water, it’s delicious and the add ins all aid in digestion. (Recipe at the bottom of post)
4. Drink Tea (add honey as a sweetener if needed)
5. Make your own lemonade or orangeade. Just squeeze a lemon or two into a glass of water. You don’t even need to add a sweetener. Or take an orange and hand squeeze half of it into water.
8 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 medium cucumber, sliced thin
1 medium lemon, sliced thin
12 leaves spearmint
Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher.
Optional: Strain water.
Drink all 8 1/2 cups during the day. (This is not necessary, but will make sure you get your 8 C. of water in and aids in digestion. It’s also very refreshing in the summer.
Delicious and refreshing!